Friday, June 12, 2015

VINTAGE CANISTER MAKEOVER

If you are into vintage retro items like I am, then you know that simple things like a canister set from the 1950s can be quite pricey! The aqua set below just recently listed on eBay. 
$115.00 on eBay!
Not in my budget!  I want an aqua canister set, preferably one with the "atomic" designs that were so popular in the 50's and 60's for my wee vintage canned ham camper.  Since I couldn't find (or afford) exactly what I wanted, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

This 3-piece avocado green canister set was priced at a little less than $3 (with my little old lady discount) at Goodwill. 


It was the right price, but not the right color or design.  But I had an idea because my thinking cap was on.  I had been thinking... This is where my hubba-hubba-hubby usually says, "Uh-oh".  Yes, I had been thinking about how this green set could be re-born in aqua!


DRUM ROLL....



One spray can of primer
plus
One spray can of aqua paint
plus
My handy-dandy Silhouette Cameo vinyl cutter 
EQUALS
An Extreme Canister Set Makeover.


~  ~ * ~  ~

This is How Tin Can Happy Girls Roll!



No comments:

Post a Comment